Ortovox Free Rider 22 Avabag Kit
Ortovox Free Rider 22 Avabag giver det højeste niveau af komfort og beskyttelse. Ortovox har fuldstændig redesignet Freeride-rygsækkens inderside og airbag for at lette pakningen. Ortovox har været i stand til at producere 22 liter fuldt anvendeligt volumen omkring AVABAG-enheden. Udenpå kommer de afprøvede og testede freeride-funktioner i aktion, hvor Ortovox har optimeret hjelm- og snowboardholderne betydeligt
The redevelopment of the SPS Flex back protector is the main focus, which combines the back system and protector into a flexible unit. Built from eight pads that remain comfortably flexible even in the cold, the TÜV-certified protector adapts to the body and absorbs impact through the immediate hardening of the foam. Meanwhile, the broad hip belt and the avalanche backpack’s body-integrating silhouette ensure a secure fit on the back.
With the required volume of only 1.8 liters, the AVABAG avalanche airbag system is both the lightest and smallest airbag system in the world. Another special feature of the AVABAG system is the activation training: you can practice activating it again and again without the cartridge attached, so that you can be well prepared for an emergency situation. One reason for the low weight of the Ascent line is the use of extremely light but abrasion-resistant materials such as 100D Robic Ripstop nylon. But this airbag backpack is not only light it also provides a high level of wear comfort. The foamed 3D back system distributes the weight evenly between the hip fins and the lightly padded shoulder straps. Features such as a circular frontal zipper that provides quick access to your equipment, as well as a diagonal ski attachment, an ice axe holder and a rope fastening, make the backpack what it is: a technical, ultra-lightweight avalanche backpack for challenging ski tours.
- Weight: 2440 gram
- Free Rider 22: 1440 g
- Avabag: 690 g
- Cartridge: 310 g (Not included)
- SPS Flex Back Protector
- TÜV-certified protector made from visco-elastic foam that adaps to the body and remains flexible even in the cold
- Locking clasp provides the highest possible safety and ease of use
- Chest strap
- Height adjustable
- Signal whistle
- Safety leg strap
- For the highest possible safety in the event of an avalanche
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Optimized, complete transport aid
- Bright Inside
- Light colors inside make it easier to find your equipment.
- Separate safety compartment
- Quick access to emergency equipment
- Wide Hip belt
- Wide and elastic, for an optimal body-hugging fit, even when in motion
- Hip pocket
- Access to main compartmenton top
- A fast and safe diagonal ski fastener that offers plenty of wear comfort.
- Hydration system compatible
- Loop for drinking tube on the shoulder strap.
- PU-coated material
- Water-resistant zippers
- Illustration of alpine emergency signals
- Print shows you signals for emergencies
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening With loops
- Helmet net
- Fixed in a zipped compartment; optimized fastening.
The advantages of the AVABAG system at a glance:
- The lightest and smallest airbag system in the world
- Activation training without cartridge
- Handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- Removable and compatible with all Ortovox Avabag backpacks
- No electronics
Only 1.8L (1800 cm3)
The integrated Avabag avalanche airbag system is relatively small and lightweight.
Smallest airbag compartment
The smallest avalanche motor compartment in the world. The activation unit sits inside the Venturi, creating a completely closed and robust system which functions without electricity.
The innovative welding technology used to make the airbag ensures the smallest pack size at the same time as I'm improving its resistance to tearing and leaks.
The Avabag unit is quick and easy to upgrade and is compatible with all ortovox avabag backpacks.
Avabag. Fully release-optimized thanks to ergonomic grip.
Ergonomic form in 360° design with a non-slip surface enables easiest release with all types of gloves and release grips for both left and right-handed users.
Two length positions guarantee individual adjustability. What's more, the front-facing grip improves ease of access, even in the case of awkward falls.
On the lift the grip can be stored in the zipped compartment on the shoulder strap without compromising comfort.
Burial Despite Airbag
Together with his team of experts, the Canadian avalanche researcher Pascal Haegeli analyzed 106 avalanche accidents that occurred with airbag users. The result was frightening - one in eight avalanche backpack users (12%) did not manage to activate the system during an avalanche. Regular training and our release-optimized grip can help to reduce this number in the future. Releases can be practiced as often as required without an installed cartridge to ensure that the wearer is able to react appropriately in a real situation. The AVABAG system can then be re-activated by using the pre-tension tool.